zone alarm pro 3 question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by AmarSingh, Apr 25, 2002.

1. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

I just installed zone alarm pro 3 trial cuz i was getting sick of nortons firewall. I still have one problem that i was having with norton as well. I have outbound protection turned off and when i try to connect to an ftp site using cuteFTP, it connects to the site, but it stops when its trying to get the directory listing. If i add the site to the trusted zone it works fine, but its a pain to do this everytime i want to connect to a new ftp. Can anybody tell me how i can configure ZAP to automatically allow the directory listing to be retrieved?

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

if you have outbound protection turned off, then dump zap, and use the xp firewall...just as good, it's rated excellant from all third party organizations

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

I'm new to the whole "firewall" status. How do you configure the XP firewall? Any newbie tutorials? I hate Zone Alarm. It was causing the BSOD for me. :(

4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

open network connections by right clicking the icon in the right side of your task bar, then highlight the conection you want to configure, then hit file, then hit properties, then hit advanced

5. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

i dont like xp's firewall...it'snot very customizable, and it gives problems with messenger file transfers. i would prefer to resolve this issue with zone alarm