Zone Alarm New Builds!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lee, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

ZoneAlarm makes it easy.

Unlike other personal firewalls, ZoneAlarm protects automatically from the moment it's installed - no programming required. ZoneAlarm barricades your PC with immediate and complete port blocking. And, then runs in Stealth Mode to make your PC invisible on the Internet - if you can't be seen, you can't be attacked.

ZoneAlarm delivers simplicity without compromising your security. A getting started tutorial explains controls and alerts to get you up and running quickly. And, to keep you confident that you're always protected, intuitive color-coded alerts rate security risks - in real time.

Zone Alarm Versions: |Free|With Antivirus|Security Suite|Pro|

Source

2. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Updated my Pro. :)

3. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

not going back to zonealarm b/c it has weird conflict issues. seriously it effed with my games and when i used Apache for my server it messed up my page. don't ask cuz i don't know know how! i'm gonna stick with sygate

4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

some people love some people hate za...I think it's probably the most user friendly if it doens't give issues on your box

big footprint from what I remember though

since a firewall is always running, AND is implemented in IRQL 2 code, (above all thread priorities), the resource footpring is a bigger issue then apps that idle and don't run at high priority.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  5. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I think it's nice of them to offer a free version. I know it does not have power features, I think for free it maybe the best alternative to payed for.

6. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

I think the free kerio blows it's doors off...though it isn't nearly as easy to use...they both have assets and liabilities

7. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Memory usage:
    vsmon.exe ................ 12,208K

zlclient.exe ................ 5,636K

(part of ZA) This is Pro version

My AVG Antivirus uses more.

8. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I am using Zone Alarm with Antivirus. It works pretty well ..