Zone Alarm New Builds!

L

Lee

ZoneAlarm makes it easy.

Unlike other personal firewalls, ZoneAlarm protects automatically from the moment it's installed - no programming required. ZoneAlarm barricades your PC with immediate and complete port blocking. And, then runs in Stealth Mode to make your PC invisible on the Internet - if you can't be seen, you can't be attacked.

ZoneAlarm delivers simplicity without compromising your security. A getting started tutorial explains controls and alerts to get you up and running quickly. And, to keep you confident that you're always protected, intuitive color-coded alerts rate security risks - in real time.

Zone Alarm Versions: |Free|With Antivirus|Security Suite|Pro|

Source

not going back to zonealarm b/c it has weird conflict issues. seriously it effed with my games and when i used Apache for my server it messed up my page. don't ask cuz i don't know know how! i'm gonna stick with sygate

some people love some people hate za...I think it's probably the most user friendly if it doens't give issues on your box

big footprint from what I remember though

since a firewall is always running, AND is implemented in IRQL 2 code, (above all thread priorities), the resource footpring is a bigger issue then apps that idle and don't run at high priority.

Last edited:
I think it's nice of them to offer a free version. I know it does not have power features, I think for free it maybe the best alternative to payed for.

Lee said:
I think it's nice of them to offer a free version. I know it does not have power features, I think for free it maybe the best alternative to payed for.
I think the free kerio blows it's doors off...though it isn't nearly as easy to use...they both have assets and liabilities

perris said:
some people love some people hate za...I think it's probably the most user friendly if it doens't give issues on your box

big footprint from what I remember though

since a firewall is always running, AND is implemented in IRQL 2 code, (above all thread priorities), the resource footpring is a bigger issue then apps that idle and don't run at high priority.

Memory usage:
vsmon.exe ................ 12,208K

zlclient.exe ................ 5,636K

(part of ZA) This is Pro version

My AVG Antivirus uses more.

I am using Zone Alarm with Antivirus. It works pretty well ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back