Zip 100 and xp

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by bleedink, Jul 26, 2002.

1. bleedink

bleedink Guest

i have a parallel port zip drive (the 100) and cant get it to work with xp...i install the software and when i reboot i get a stop error and cant reboot the computer. i cant even get in safe mode. the only way to get my computer to start agian is to choose last known and cross my fingers...anyone have any suggestions or know if microsoft stopped supporting pp zip drives????? granted the zip disks seem almost obsolete but i still have files on my old ones!!!
  2. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Did you install the drivers first then reboot then plug the zip drive to the computer?

3. atashian

atashian Guest

Go to Device Manager.
    Expand the Ports (COM & LPT1)
    Right Click on Parallel and choose Properties.
    Go to the Port Configuration Tab and click on Enable Legacy Hardware.
    That should do it.
    Mi WinXP is in Spanish, so my English translation of the sequence might not have the exact words.
  4. fitfella29

fitfella29 Guest

5. Emeritus

Emeritus Guest

Make sure you have the current drivers. My wife uses a real old parallel and it works fine under XP.

Her system:

ABit KT7A v1.1
    Duron 900Mhz
    256MB PC133 SDRAM
    Voodoo 3 3000 AGP
    Soundblaster Live! PCI
    Netgear FA310TX 10/100 NIC
    Maxtor 3.8GB HD
    Quantum 10 & 20GB HDs
    Samsung 52X CD-ROM

Running XP Home

Both hers & mine have Optquest 17"
  6. Gina1258

Gina1258 Guest

unplug the zip (all you need to unplug is the power not the parallel cable) Install the drivers, reboot the computer then plug it in. Should work. I had an external zip (Parallel) before I got the internal one and that's how I got it to work.