Yz'Dock Questions

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by vern, Mar 20, 2004.

1. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

1. I have the weather docklet, but it doesn't seem to stay updated, I have ti update it manually. Is there a way to set the time in intervals of updates?

2. When I'm playing games, everytime the mouse scrolls to the area where my dock is, it minimizes the game I'm playing, and the dock opens up, I can remedy this by temporarily closing the dock, but I'd rather just have the dock not pop up.

3. Running applications have that little arrow that shows they are running ... problem is, it looks huge and ugly ... how do I get rid of it? Or perhaps have it use an arrow that looks nicer.

I may have a few more questions, but thats all for now. :)

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

There is a docklet you can get when playing games. You can have it regonize differnt exe's or somthing like that. I just close it.

That arrow, is in one of the options tabs

3. vern

A docklet when playing games? Do you know where I can get it?

I guess I can't make the indicators go away, but at least it's less visible now.

I still don't know how to keep the weather docklet updated without having to do it manually. If anyone has any tips, let me know. :)

\\ edit: Also ... does anyone have a console-like PNG dock icon? F-secure SSH's icon looks terrible and I haven't been able to find a replacement for it. Thanks. :)

4. _ronin

_ronin OSNN Addict

If you're asking what I think you're asking, then just simply delete the indicators. I'm not too fond of the indicators myself, so that's my work-around.

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Here you go :)

Attached Files:

6. vern

Thanks much! Is that the terminal icon for macs?

Now if I could only get it from popping out when I'm playing a game without closing it altogether.

7. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

No problem. Yes, it is the terminal icon from OS X. Notice the little silver apple at the bottom :D