You Guys Said you Would Help!!

N

NeedHelper

Hey you guys told me that if i ever got windows xp OEM you guys would help so... i need it bad.

When i try to install XP, it goes to the blue Windows Setup page and then it says at the bottom, Setup is now starting Windows or something, then it freezes. Ive tried using Winnt under I396 but it goes to the same menu again and freezes. im wondering if it is my Hardware or my CD. cause i meet ALL the requirements. I know cause i have installed my friends XP b4 i didnt know about the activation. so i need help

Did you format c:? Or making an upgrade? How long did it frezee for?

Post your specs, it may help

Yes, is this a upgrade or a clean install? A clean install is heavily recommended and then you wanna boot from the cd to install it.

You've not answered anyones questions.

are you UPGRADING or doing a clean install?

If you're doing a upgrade, then i would advise backing up and formatting to a clean install.

If its a clean install, i would advise keeping the bare necessentials. CPU, (and fan obviously), memory, harddisk, cd rom, floppy drive, motherboard and video. everything else can go.

Try installing.

If it still happens, i would try a cheapy video card. and if it STILL happens, it can only be the motherboard, or CPU or Memory thats causing it. Only last week i had a problem where windows kept blue screening... turned out to be memory.

Good luck... PS: when you want help, people will give it to you providing you're keeping a communication link with them!

If you have a nic card, and the cat5 cable plugged in, unplug it. I had same problem you did, but in 2k. Unplugged the cable, and it installed fine.

If it's a clean install, I would take out everything that is not essential. Especially modems and network cards. Even extra drives and the sounds card can go. Reinstall them one by one after your done with the installation.

Check for BIOS updates if the problem is still there.

ok im doiong a clean install, and ill try with taking everything off, but HOW DO YOU FLASH YOUR BIOS :O

YO thanks guys, i tried installing with my TNT and it went PERFECTLY.!!! THANK!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back