Yet even more halflife problems..

my friend has a geforce2 gts and gets the same fps, my resolution is 1024x768, and it looks fine and is smooth as hell, i know you cant see more than 60 fps, but whatever.

ya i hear ya

but my point is i bet you could greatly improve the eye candy and
still not notice any diff,lol shoot drop it down to like 120 and its
blazing and the visuals will blaze too.....;)

well this is my 2 cents worth,but unless you"re experiencing freezes or stuttering in your framerates or some such prob,it
would seem to me you're all cranked up over nothing most games are playable at 35 to 40 fps and 60 is quite good! just my opinon!

Okay, once and for all.

The reason higher framerates are desirable is the fact that modern real-time engines can't render motion blur efficiently. Thus, adding as many frames in-between as possible is ideal to give a better perceived motion effect. The human eye can't discern the INDIVIDUAL frames at such high rates, but real-life images don't have a "framerate" -- it's persistent motion that the limitations of the human eye blur, and that's what we see as motion.

If we had photo-realistic motion blur rendering at, say, 24-30fps at the least, none of this would matter much.

In Quake3 at 1600x1200 MAX everything and trilinear I get 150fps :) running the demo under the 1.31 version.
Yet when I press the button on my monitor during the game it says 60Hz. I am running an Abit GF4 TI4600 w/ Abits 27.50 drivers. The fix won't work with these drivers and I had issues trying to install the 28.32 drivers. They just wouldn't install right even when I choose to install drivers myself (advanced). I removed the Nvidia drivers from add/remove programs then reboot and try to install the 28.32's and low and behold after another reboot it shows that the dam 27.50 are still installed!!

Any ideas!?

GraveLayer

i have the same problem with a creative 3d blaster ti4600

what 3dmark2001 se score do you get

with a xp 2000+, nforce MB, 512mb, ibm vancover 40gb,audigy and win xp i only get 9198

well crap

and on the subject of frame rates the higher the frame rates the faster you move. quite important in on-line games.

nh3com,
I get 12060.

P4T-E ICS -13
PIV 1.6A @ 2172 (144fsb)
Stock Cooling w/AS3
512M Samsung 16-device
Lian Li PC 60 2x80mm exhaust 120mm Blow hole 11" round window
Antec 350w PS
Abit Geforce4 TI 4600
Adaptec 39160 U160 SCSI
Seagate Cheetah X15 36LP (os)
2x Fujitsu Man3184 10K U160 Software Raid
SB Audigy
3Com 10/100
LiteOn 16x DVD 48X CD
Plextor 12/10/32a
WinXP Pro
Sony 19" Trinitron G400
Labtec Pulse 424
Logitech Dual Optical Mouse
Nostromo N50 gaming pad

GraveLayer

i think it's my motherboard that's causing the problem.

going to have to get via chipset MB

Your score is about right..I'm running SCSI RAID and a PIV at 144fsb (Which is really 576Mhz!).
VIA mobo's usually ARE the problem :)

wow dude thats pretty amazing considering CS has a limit of 100fps. what resolution are you running cuz you can obviously go higher, cuz i can get 100fps on every setting up to 1280x960 which is the highest resolution my monitor will support.
turning the vsynk off can also hinder the grafix as the frames arent able to allign to the flicker of your monitor. and it might have said 217 but its only actually maybe 120 (if you have a kick ass monitor or are running a really bad resolution)

Originally posted by GraveLayer
Your score is about right..I'm running SCSI RAID and a PIV at 144fsb (Which is really 576Mhz!).
VIA mobo's usually ARE the problem :)

jeese, via has nothing to do with it.. via actually doesnt have as many probs as other mobos. i have via , never 1 problem.
look at how old this game is, mabey it just doesnt run right on a
win xp machine. ya know theres lots of old games that do that...............;)

I'm running a PIV now but my last 6-8 systems were AMD and VIA. VIA isn't bad but does have problems! I've ran the Kt133, Kt133a, KT266a and all were good BUT all have problems with RAID which is why I went to an *ntel chipset.

how the heck...

do you get 100 fps with the half-life engine? is it not maxed out at 99? but thats just my opinion.

by the way, default max_fps in half-life counter-strike is 70, increase it by way of the max_fps command and you are up to 99 at most, also try changing the rate from whatever is the default to a higher number such as 9000 or 9999 which is the supposed MAX.

remember the Q3 engine is fabulous and will give you excellent fps, the hl engine is not as good but renders well enough. top out at 99 and be greatful. the machine I play on is topping out at about 15-20 fps and I still kick some bootay out there. I would be very glad to have over 50 fps :)

hope the tips help. also check out this website's forum

http://www.halflifeitalia.com/cs/ottimizzarecs_eng_3_02.asp

this is a link to a program that can be used to turn off features in CS and make the game faster, though less pretty as well. read through and you will know what I mean :

http://forums.counter-strike.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3c9d4f2d3b8fffff;act=ST;f=1;t=9455

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back