Year-Round Schooling?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by LilBlueDawg, Oct 20, 2003.

1. LilBlueDawg

LilBlueDawg Guest

I'm doing a survey on whether or not school should be year round or not. So what do you guys think? Do you agree that year-round schooling would be better in terms of learning, but most students wouldn't want to do it? Any opinions and comments welcome. Thanks!
  2. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

i would hate year round schooling...............
  3. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

:eek: git, i love my summers holidays :p

i always find i work harder after a log break, it also gives time off to do outher things outside of skool such as summers courses, or work:cool:
  4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    so effectively you are already working year round and would not mind year long schooling

5. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Pacific Northwest
    With year-round schooling you would be done 25% faster. Imagine most college freshmen being fifteen or sixteen!

You could also get better jobs earlier, instead of having to work low-end jobs for three years longer than necessary because of your school schedule. When you're young, you don't need a job anyway. Like need as in "people in your family will starve" need.
  6. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

I seriously doubt that, maybe it will be possible to cut one year off.
  7. dubstar

dubstar format c:

Southern California
    i did year round school from 6th-8th grade. i liked it a lot actually. i always had breaks when my friends didnt. we learned difficult stuff in the school, and then its like we had a nice break.

im for it.

FYI: your in school for about the same time as normal track students. you get month long breaks, but its still year round.