Yamaha CRW-F1

I bought one recently, it was either this drive or a faster TDK 48x rewriter, I think it was the "T@2ing" feature that closed the deal (I upgraded from a Plextor 121032). All of the reviews that I've read were correct, the "T2@ing" feature is quite depenedent on the type of media used (not all CDr's show off this feature that well, it's a matter of trial and error with your media.

Seek times are somewhat long, but I don't use this as a reader so that point is moot.

In order to take advantage of the faster rewriting speeds you are going to have to find the faster media, unfortunately, I'm stuck to 2x rewriting. :(

I'm glad that Yamaha decided to include burning software other than Easy CD Creator, namely Nero.

The drive is quiet and fast, and the blue/purple LED is cool.

Yep, Check Specs.... I have one.. have had one for 4 months... Fantastic Burner.. Fast, Efficient, Great speed... as for the tatooing feature... its fantasic for serial numbers, xp cd keys.... things you wouldnt want to loose... just great...

LOL i even put a cd cover on the back of a cd (tatooed it) and called it an art project! (for my friend) he got an A!!! LOL

Peace man and get one!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back