Yamaha CRW-F1

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by GlennS, Sep 24, 2002.

1. GlennS

GlennS Guest

2. bluntman

bluntman Guest

I bought one recently, it was either this drive or a faster TDK 48x rewriter, I think it was the "T@2ing" feature that closed the deal (I upgraded from a Plextor 121032). All of the reviews that I've read were correct, the "T2@ing" feature is quite depenedent on the type of media used (not all CDr's show off this feature that well, it's a matter of trial and error with your media.

Seek times are somewhat long, but I don't use this as a reader so that point is moot.

In order to take advantage of the faster rewriting speeds you are going to have to find the faster media, unfortunately, I'm stuck to 2x rewriting. :(

I'm glad that Yamaha decided to include burning software other than Easy CD Creator, namely Nero.

The drive is quiet and fast, and the blue/purple LED is cool.

3. GlennS

GlennS Guest

Cool
    Thanks for replying.

Any others?

4. -[xs]-mirage

-[xs]-mirage Guest

Yep, Check Specs.... I have one.. have had one for 4 months... Fantastic Burner.. Fast, Efficient, Great speed... as for the tatooing feature... its fantasic for serial numbers, xp cd keys.... things you wouldnt want to loose... just great...

LOL i even put a cd cover on the back of a cd (tatooed it) and called it an art project! (for my friend) he got an A!!! LOL

Peace man and get one!!!