Yahoo and Windows Messenger

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by gillmacca, Jun 9, 2002.

1. gillmacca

gillmacca Macca

Need some help with Yahoo and Windows Messenger

Windows Messenger:
    I have got the xp service pack one, with the updated windows messenger (4.7). With the latest and previous version, Windows messenger keep logging off or losing connection.

Yahoo Messenger:
    Ever since I upgrade to XP, when using voice over a dialup, i keep losing voice and have to wait until voice reconnects

I use aol as my isp, but have also tried BT and Lineone, but still have the same problems

Any advice?

Many thanks for your help

2. tomsxp1

tomsxp1 Guest

Yahoo Messenger:
    Ever since I upgrade to XP, when using voice over a dialup, i keep losing voice and have to wait until voice reconnects I have the same problem, but it might not be you, Yahoo has been having alot of problems lately with this same subject. I updated to the latest messenger and downloaded the new security Patch at>>>http://www.extremetech.com/article/0,,s=1024&a=27728,00.asp Also make sure you do the Audio Wizard Tests! So far i am back to normal now, they still have periodic problems though. Hope this helps you

3. gillmacca

gillmacca Macca

what is the security patch called. There is more than one on this site

4. tomsxp1

tomsxp1 Guest

Just scroll down to (where it says) "Further Reading" and click on "New Patched Version of Yahoo Messenger" and thats it. If i remember it downloads kinda fast ( of course i use Fresh Download for my downloads and that is fast Free service

5. gillmacca

gillmacca Macca

I think that is version 1065, I have 1066, but still have problems

6. tomsxp1

tomsxp1 Guest

Does it happen everytime you are chatting and are you using PC to PC or Pc to Phone?

7. gillmacca

gillmacca Macca

i only use yahoo for pc to pc. I have tried reinstalling yahoo, reinstalling xp, but nothing seems to solve it. it happens all the time

8. tomsxp1

tomsxp1 Guest

I will look at some other tip sites to see what i can find out, meanwhile maybe someone will see your post and have an Idea for you.