y does my iE take so long to load

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by oO ShifterZ Oo, Aug 16, 2002.

1. when i click the icon in my quick launch bar, or double click my icon, i and try to open internet explorer it takes a long time to load, should i uninstall and reinstall iE. or is there something hanging up or somethin"""????

2. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

to my knowledge there's nothing u can do except for cleaning the IE cache now and then ...or get another browser like mozilla:)
    I personally use http://www.southbaypc.com/SuperCleaner/ for cleaning the cache and other trash files.

3. Jim

Jim Guest

Try this. start > run > regsvr32 urlmon.dll

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If you close IE then open it again what happens?

5. if i start ie, it loads slow, but then i close it then open it again, it loads up faster, ima assuming because all the componets needed to open iE is being access faster ?

6. Hipster Doofus

I reckon this behaviour is some sort of bug. Hopefully SP1 will fix it. A lot of people have the same problem but with different software. Go figure.

7. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

I have the same problem, but IE doesn't load at all...my cpu usage reaches 100 even though there is nothing runng in the backround.
    I have tried everything to fix this :mad:
    it's all started when I installed Aliens VS Pedator 2...have you got any idea?

8. Hipster Doofus

Apart from uninstalling avp then doing a system restore no other ideas here. :(

9. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

I figured out why...delete the plugins inside the IE folder.

10. allan

allan Guest

And by the way, while you can reinstall IE (rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf), you cannot uninstall it.

11. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer