XPee SP1 and ZoneAlarm Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Slagathor, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Slagathor

Slagathor Guest

I just installed SP1, and, just like Win2K SP1 Zone Alarm is broke, but this time it is causing the 'puter to reboot.

Anybody else having this problem???????

2. engel59

engel59 Guest

I'm running SP1 with ZoneAlarm 3 and I don't have a problem.

3. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

you need to disable XP's firewall, or else you get a bluescreen (in your case it automatically reboots), PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES. Just disable XP's firewall or un install zone alarm

4. Slagathor

Slagathor Guest

XPee's Fire wall is disabled as far as I can tell....................

I look'd in the connection properties and the box was unchecked for the firewall, unless it's somewheres else.......:confused:

5. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

K, its in network connections --> local area connection --> properties --> advanced --> uncheck firewall.

That's for me.

Now you should disable the automatic reboot when your computer crashes.

6. Slagathor

Slagathor Guest

Ok, I have done that, but I have also shutdown ZA, installed Sygate for a few days, if all goes ok, I am gonna reinstall XPee and stay away for the service pack.......:D

7. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

No problems with zone alarm for me too. :D

8. gilerzz

gilerzz Guest

No problems here too, but sometimes not (very rare) in EVENT viewer it says the True Vector service could not load but i checked the Zone ALarm PRO preferences shows the True Vector was loaded. Strange......:eek:

9. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

sp1 za3

work fine here both running

as for error log viewer I too have seen that error at times but ZA is working I go and read the logs maybe 1 time every 2 weeks and have seen that error before but I dont see any trouble nothing is crashing , freezing , or rebooting for me