XP Wont Install

This is starting to really piss me off now (mainly cos im having to use windows 98 ans its really really bad)... BUT

I managed to save my files that i wanted from my other partition and then totally wiped everything... i did this by using FDISK and deleting both partitions and making a fresh one.. Then when it came to installing XP i got the same message again

STOP: c0000221 UNKNOWN HARD ERROR
\Systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

Forgive me if im wrong but isnt that what XP needs to start up?

If i wiped my drive totally then why is that corrupt file still there?

Help or my lump hammer is goin to get really friendly with my tower :D :D :D

Yes it must be cos it cant be a corrupt driver file as iv formatted and no files should exist.....

But iv had the PC for nearly a year and its been fine so what problem could it be??

My zip drive seems to be the main suspect as this happened just after id installed it but now iv formatted and disconnected the drive should there still be something there thats reading it?

Thanx :)

Ok, so your installing xp and your doing it without the zip drive connected right?

I'd just install it with my RAM/HDD/CDROM/VIDEO/KYBD/MOUSE/MONITOR (the basics)
Make sure the CD drive isn't on the same cable as your HDD's
Check all cables for holes.(fans have a tendancy of destrying them) Your CD may be dirty. Place it in a regular CD/DVD drive not a CDRW if you've got one. They ignore errors better.
Hope that works for ya. When it comes time to install delete the partitions in WinXP install and re-create them as NTFS

*Question why didn't you do a restore from safe mode instead of a format?*

Thanx for the comments ill let u know how it goes :)

The answer to your question is.. I didnt get chance to do system restore as windows wouldnt reeboot after i installed the ZIP :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back