XP update site

P

puppy22

is it just me or my network, that i cannot do any updates from microsoft? i put the SP1 after a new installation of winXP Pro. the problem was there before with my old configuration. there are two more pc's that i try to update but nothing, and they do not have the SP1.
it stucks at the point where says that checking for available updates....0% complete.
it does go further....

do you know anything?

i dont know the solution exactly but there was something with a language option in IE.... do a search on the forum...

See if this is the problem>

Windows Update - Error

If you cannot update XP check your c:\windows\windows update.log. If you have this error: Error 0x800C0008 then go to Tools\internet options\languages. You must have one language selected. Boom windows update works again!

Or for LAN settings

Go to control panel, open up Internet Options\Connections. Click on the Lan Settings button at the bottom right of the window. Untick Automatically detect settings.

I had this problem, too. Tried again two days later and then it worked. So perhaps waiting is a solution. If this and the already mentioned solutions don't work I found another one on Blink's site:
"go to Start, then Run Type in "regsvr32 iuctl.dll /u" to unregister the program
Find iuctl.dll and iuengine.dll and delete all instances of them "
If I understand it right this will cause Windows Update to newly install the activeX control needed to determine your settings.

winXP update

it works when i disable the automatic detect settings.
on the other hand i have to enable that if i want to go to some specific sites.......!
also in the instructions our administrator team says to have that enabled......!

anyway thanks for the instructions

Looks like you'll have to disable automatic detect, update, then enable it again. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back