XP taskbar problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by robsta4, Jul 28, 2003.

1. robsta4

robsta4 Guest

Hi Everyone,

I have a small but irritating problem at the moment with the taskbar in XP. Every now and again if i want to select a shortcut from the taskbar, the description of the shortcut displays behind the taskbar instead of in front. I have attached a screenshot to show exactly what i mean. A reboot seems to fix the problem, but it keeps happening. Has anybody else experienced it? and if so do you know what causes it, and how do i go about fixing it?

Many Thanks

2. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

I get it occasionally too. I have not come across a solution for it either. I just don't bother with finding one.
  3. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

for me it has no importance but seems to happend while taskbar is not locked
  4. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I get it to but it just puts itself right after a while.
  5. I have this same problem too, and you don't know how much it means to me to find others with the same problem. The way I've fixed it is to unlock the taskbar, drag it to another position (left, right, top, or bottom) then return it to it's original position, then, re-lock. This seems to fix the problem for me. Good luck.
  6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Are you using a theme (stlye)? If so change it & see what happens.
  7. I've gone back to the 'classic' theme before from XP's default, and both exhibit this problem. I do not use StyleXP or any other theme program. It only happens every once and a while, so it's not a big deal, but it can be when you're trying to get status information from a system tray icon pop-up message.
  8. robsta4

robsta4 Guest

cool, thanks for the reply's guys. I know its not a big deal, i just wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem. Looks like a bug in XP to me...