xp sp1

U

u_diddy

this may be a stupid question but what are the advantages of installing xp sp1 when it finally comes out?? will it improve system performance at all or is it a bunch of junk that doesnt really do anything? my xp works good right now but if xp sp1 will somehow improve it, i would definitely install it. if not, i wont bother. i dont really understand what the service pack does so if anyone can help me out, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

u_diddy, from what I gather, SP1 will install fixes and updated versions of files that have more fixes than what the stuff on Windows Update take care of. That's what someone told me anyway.

Undoubtedly, a lot of security fixes will be included, and compliance toward the enforcement of the new rules that Microsoft be less restrictive of other companies, allowing them in with their software more easily; or rather, giving us a choice more readily... like the ability to uninstall Windows Media Player and Messenger through the Disk Cleanup utility like other optional components.
:)

SP 1 ?

XP Pro and the home version are running on millions of computers all over the world without any problems. The only few fixes that are necessary depending upon individual needs are some security fixes that are already out there in Windows updates. Besides this a compatibility issue has also been addressed. My XP Pro is running flawlessly since the day it came out. The major changes are with reference to the Supreme court decision to allow XP users to make their own choice with the media players and messenger, both of which can be easily ignored and use whatever your needs are. In any case, majority of us will still stick to IE as opposed to Netscape. So my point is why the hype about the upcoming SP 1 ?

Maybe its just one of those things where people just want the latest and most updated stuff :D

I noticed in the newest build of the XP SP it greatly increased bootup times. Things seem to be running more smoothly too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back