XP SP1 Error

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by cyberrico, Feb 1, 2003.

1. cyberrico

cyberrico Guest

I'm trying to install SP1. I'd love to tell you what the error message is when I run sp1, but the dialog box comes and goes in a split second.

I also get this mystery message when I attempt to extract the files and try to run it manually (if that's even possible). This leads me to believe that my file is corrupt, but I doubt it.

I also tried going to do the update directly from Microsoft's web site (which I don't like doing) and that didn't work either. Still no readable error message.

Any suggestions?

2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

There should be a file svcpack.log in your Windows directory. Open it with notepad and see if you can find some information there. Also eventviewer may be a place to look at.

3. cyberrico

cyberrico Guest

I couldn't find either of those.

4. you do have a legal version of xp do you not?:eek:

5. cyberrico

cyberrico Guest

not. but i updated the key if that's what you mean.

6. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

read the forum guidelines!! No warez on this forum. First buy yourself a legit copy then your problmes will likely dissappear

7. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

Try redownloading SP1. That's all I can really say, aside from buying a legit XP.

Melon

8. Luna64

Luna64 Guest

XP will not work with blacklisted CD keys.

Perhaps you just changed it to another blacklisted one.

9. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Yeah I dont see a point in this thread... Help a person with an illegal copy of Windows XP is a big no-no here. Dont ask for help on that, it is against the forum guidelines.

Thread Is Closed