XP SP1 Build 1110????

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Rebs, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Rebs

Rebs Guest

People are talking about XP SP1 post release with build no. 1110
    is there anyone who can confirm this? AS far as I've gathered, build 1106 is being released to OEM. While build 1110 is for.... I don't know. I was almost ready to slipstream XP SP1. But I think I should wait a little bit longer. looksee what comes up.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

I'm waiting till it settles down a bit. Too many people are still having problems.

3. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

well according to Winbeta the final is 1106 and they don't seem to anything bout a 1110 build

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

It better not be true. I've installed afresh with a slipstreamed CD and, believe me, I don't want to format again!! :eek:

Can you post any links to this news?
    No wait ... it can't be true!

5. chastity

well I'll try to keep everybody here updated as to what I find out from winbeta.

6. Rebs

Rebs Guest

I think that there might be some substance to this as I've read it from http://www.ieXbeta.com and from http://www.xbetas.com

7. chastity

ieXbetas is workin on getting it verified

8. NetRyder

Lets wait and watch ... :rolleyes:

9. chastity

I've still have not seen any info bout it from winbeta and they generally r in the know on this stuff:confused: :rolleyes:

10. Rebs

Rebs Guest

Yeah. I think that's all we can do netryder. I hope it's just a rumor as it would be such a pain to format our drives and put all the softwares back again. We would surely be cursing the internet superhighway instead of cruising it. :D

11. NetRyder

12. chastity

Well according to ieXbeta and xbeta "It appears this build might be a hoax, and it seems to be a renamed 1106. With all that said, 1106 is indeed the final build. Sorry for causing many confusion around the NET both here and Iexbeta. Thank you for your understading!"

So no need to worry anymore. Hopefully

13. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

1106 is the official final build.

case closed

:cool:

14. Rebs

Rebs Guest

I hope you're right. But according to something I've read which goes like this...

We are looking into it, and we are still in the process of verifying our sources. As of now, it is still 1106, and we will verify it again tomorrow to make sure. Sources mentined that 1110 was just a minor fix to the final 1106, and it was compiled this afternoon or yesterday afternoon, so it should be the true final version. However, if it is untrue, we are sorry about that, and that specific source will be killed right away!

it might just be a good idea to just really wait for the final word from MS come Sept. 9 ;)

15. NetRyder

*Sigh of relief*

16. chastity

well according to another post over on iexbeta "Ok. Listen guys, this is OFFICIAL information given to me by a "friend" from Microsoft in America. I am not going to release any names or identities.
    Microsoft has XP SP1 v1106 on their servers to release. v1106 is the RTM build of the service pack.
    v1110 of the service pack DOES exist, but is only released to OEM manufactures which contains a FEW minor updates for OEM's releasing new PC's."

17. NetRyder

Ah, nevermind. I'm happy with my SP1 :p

18. jonocainuk

jonocainuk Guest

could that jus be a glory seeking post though? what differences are there for OEM manufacturers than for the regular home user?

afaik, absolutely none... unless theres something to incorporate the manufacturer info in system properties (without fiddling post-installation)??

[edited]
    btw, i meant the post on the other forum being glory seeking, not chastity's post (jus incase you read my post wrong)

19. NetRyder

Could be...