XP SP 2 and software compatibility

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by napalmnthemorning, Apr 10, 2004.

1. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

2. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I have rc1 build of xp sp2 and everything I have on my machine ( a lot of applications) work no problem.

3. Tweak

Tweak The Weedman

LOL probably just a bunch of people bad mouthing Microsoft. Everyone likes to believe their software won't work before they even know.

4. pluto

pluto OSNN Addict

I have had SP2 on my computer for a while now and have found no problems with anything. I like the new features, I would say SP2 has improved the system a lot more. No bugs what so ever.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

i had it installed.... but it didn't thrill me that much. for one it makes your computer really impatient if you install updates but choose not to restart (since it warns you like every 10 minutes). also made my computer start up quite a bit slower.

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Well I will repeat again as I find it odd with peeps experiences, I installed rc1 sp2 latest build, I got about 400 applications installed. It boots quicker, don't hang as much, apps open quicker, it's like when I first installed sp1 all those moons ago, my system got a kick up the backside and worked faster. I have a 1.5 ghz pent 4, lower market vid card, on board sound, dvd rewriter, tv card, 512 mbram pc 133.

Maybe your spec is lower than mine, if it's more I would be worried.

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Lee, was your install of SP2 from a fresh install of XP? if so, that may also be why yours ran faster. My PC specs are in my sig if u haven't noticed.

8. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well I did install on a couple fof systems and for the most part everything works great other then style XP seems to not to like it too well but I can get that to run as well

9. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

No straight over sp1a