XP Service Pack 1 Installation.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Capricorn, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

After about 10 hours I have managed to download Service Pack 1 using my 56k modem. It appears to have installed OK and shows:- Build 2600 - XPSP1 020828-1920 (Service Pack 1) on my desktop. Can anyone please confirm for me that this is the final version? Also any advice, if needed, on set up?

2. Mr. Ass

Mr. Ass Guest

the service pack should be build 1106.. Otherwise its an earlier release

3. artistul

artistul Guest

I have downloaded it to but I haven't got a water mark on my desktop. If i go to Explorer\Help\About Windows it shows me the following : Build 2600.xpsp1.020828-1920: Service Pak1. So I guess that your version is the final one, but i don't know ehat it's showing you on your desktop.

4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

It should be right. To confirm the version you can go to: C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 ,rightclick a file like explorer.exe, choose properties, go to the version tab - the version number should be: 6.0.2800.1106

5. artistul

artistul Guest

yoyo is right. explorer.exe should be 6.00.2800.1106

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Capricorn ... your version of SP1 is final.
    As for the watermark, I wouldn't worry about it. I added it intentionally using TweakUI and it does show the same numbers as you have.

<---- *Looks at post count* ;)

7. Cast

Cast North Seed

8. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

hey Net Ryder..what is the number after 499? answer me to make it 500 :D

9. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

W00t w00t :D

10. PUDBUDZ

PUDBUDZ Guest

I wish I was able to get that far....When I try to install SP1 ....it says ....

SERVICE PACK 1 Setup error
    Service Pack 1 setup Canceled.

Any idea what Im doing wrong?

11. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

well one of the things could be ur cd-key is on M$ blacklist which means u can't upgrade to the Service Pack that seems to be the most logical based on what little info I've got to work with in ur case PUDBUDZ. I also might be careful on this subject since if my guess is right this ain't the place to talk bout that

12. PUDBUDZ

PUDBUDZ Guest

I hope its not on the blacklist!....being im one of the fools that spent $300 on it!

13. chastity

Ok if u bought it u shouldn't be on the blacklist. Also it makes it a little easier to answer since u have a legal copy. Can u post the actual error message u get when u try to install the Service Pack or SP for short.

14. PUDBUDZ

PUDBUDZ Guest

I turned off some of my services that i didnt think were needed....Is there any Services that must be Started to do the update that you know of?

15. PUDBUDZ

PUDBUDZ Guest

The error message Says:

SERVICE PACK 1 Setup error
    Service Pack 1 setup Canceled.

Then the messages closes b4 i can even capture it!

16. chastity

As far as the services go I can't think of any that the SP would need. Um as far as the error goes I've got no idea generally if u get an error it would provide some more info then what u r getting.

17. PUDBUDZ

PUDBUDZ Guest

CRAPOLA....Thanks for the input anyway....i'll just keep plugging away at it!

PUD

18. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Did you use the program XP-Antispy? If so this may be the cause and you will have to reregister the files licdll.dll and regwizc.dll.

19. chastity

Sorry. Good Luck. But keep checking around here and somebody might be able to be of more help then me

20. Nick

Nick OSNN Lurker

there's no way i would have downloaded that..im going to wait for the CD....it's gonna go on sale tommorow along with the release....MS server's will prolly crash from all the downloads....Expect a lot of MS news tommorow...:)