XP Reinstall Help Needed

Freakzilla

OSNN Addict
For some reason (and I don't know why) over the last few weeks my XP Pro has become very very slow so I am thinking about reinstalling XP and applying the tweaks etc. which are documented in another thread on this website. I have 2x 20GB HDD. I have a 5GB Partition which contains XP/Anti Virus/Firewall etc. (What I term as "System" apps) and the other 15GB has games/P2P software etc. on. The other 20GB HDD is used for downloads off the Internet. If I reinstall XP will all my games etc. still work without having to reinstall them? I only ask because of registry entries which will be wiped when I reinstall XP.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

If you just do a repair of XP then you will not need to reinstall any of the apps. Just boot to the XP CD and do the repair. If that does not solve whatever problem you are having then you would be better off just reformatting the partition with XP on it and doing a clean install.

Originally posted by jw50
If you just do a repair of XP then you will not need to reinstall any of the apps. Just boot to the XP CD and do the repair. If that does not solve whatever problem you are having then you would be better off just reformatting the partition with XP on it and doing a clean install.

So if I reformat and do a clean install then I will have to reinstall all my applications on the 15GB partition?

Yes, if you reformat you will have to reinstall all of your applications.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back