B

budwesting

iwill vd133 pro
PIII 733/133MHZ
40gb maxtor
512mb pc133 oem,
3dlabs oxygen vx1
windows xp

reboots every 5 minutes, no error messages, just screen goes blank and machine restarts,

installed via 4 in 1 from i will's site
updated xp,
im not sure what to do now.

You more that likely have XP set to automatically reboot when it BSODs. To disable this, go to control panel > system > Advanced > Startup and recovery > uncheck automatically restart, set your Write Debugging Information to Small Memory Dump or None, your choice.

Send back the BSOD message so we can troubleshoot it. It may also be in your Event Log in the Administrative Tools.

We'll be waiting...

SORRY,

I gave wrong info, system doest reboot but freezes up.

iwill vd133 pro
PIII 733/133MHZ
40gb maxtor
512mb pc133 oem,
3dlabs oxygen vx1
windows xp
via 4in1437 drivers from viaarena.

MACHINE FREEZES UP ONLY WITH XP, W2K WAS RUNNING FINE.
HERE IS THE EVENT LOG

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ACPI
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4
Date: 12/31/2001
Time: 4:05:33 PM
User: N/A
Computer: 3DWKSTN
Description:
AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 12/31/2001
Time: 4:04:11 PM
User: N/A
Computer: 3DWKSTN
Description:
Error code 000000be, parameter1 e1485154, parameter2 1ed5a131, parameter3 f87d0a58, parameter4 0000000b.

I had that problem under XP for a while, I discovered it was a clash of drivers between my iWill card drivers, and the Sound Blaster Platinum software (not the drivers). When I uninstalled the software, leaving just the SB Plat. drivers, the problem went away. Try using the 4 in 1 from the VIA site, and generally update all the other drivers.

Sorry to sound a little vague, but good luck anyway.

Cool! It's hard telling what will fix these compatiblity issues these first few months. I'm glad to hear you got your problem fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back