XP, program evaluate ????

F

Fifaheat

Hi, my friend is having probs with XP....

this is what he has said....

I have XP Pro edition and ive had two instances where installing software and at one time the app didnt want to load up anymore. So when uninstalling it and reinstalling it again it says that i have an invalid key.

The second time i install Zone alarm and after installing that it said i should download the update, which i did and i ran through the same install again untill i got to the serial entry. Same thing happened again to a serial that was working perfectly fine before.

Now speaking to a few people, ive found out about XP has to evaluate the app, and if it isnt validated after a period of time it makes the programme redundant and will not let you install the same app again, even with a diffferent serial.

How stupid is this, not being able to reinstall the same app.

Does anyone know of any programmes of fixes (websites) to get over this nightmare.

Any ideas?

thanx;)

I have never heard of this evaluation...I've re-installed many apps TONS of times with no problem, XP should have no control over the app acceping a serial or such. I also searched around the ms website and didn't happent o see any mention of XP "evaluating" the apps at all..IMHO the problem must lie elsewhere, it's very possible it's an xp problem, just doens't have to do with xp validating the app or such

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back