Ok, let me see if I can explain this. I have a network of about 30 PC's.I have Win2K Server as a domain server. Until now all the client machines have been 98 or 2000 Pro. I put my first XP Pro client on the network and I am having connection problems. I can log on the domain fine at first. Once logged on I have access to all appropriate PC's on the domain. However, after I install new programs or let the XP machine set idle for a while I lose my connection to the domain. I can still see all the PC's on the domain, but I have no access to them. For instance I have a PC named Digital4 on the network. When I try to connect to it I get the hourglass for about a minute, then a box pops up wanting a username and password. I shouldn't need to enter this.When I enter it I get an error message "You might not have permission to use this network resource." I know I have permission because I had access to that PC earlier. Now, I found a way around this but it is a pain of a process. I go to control panel\system\computer name\change. I then change from domain to workgroup. On reboot I have to log on as "administrator" even though the user is an administrator. Once booted I change back from workgroup to domain. I reboot and log in as the user and once again have full domain access until I install a program or let the PC set idle. I can log off or reboot and log on as the user after I lose the connection. At logon I get no errors and it appears that I have logged on the domain but I don't have access. I do not have any of these issues with the 98 or 2000 machines. I have two XP machines and both do the same thing.