XP Pro or Home for Games?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Nick718, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Nick718

Nick718 Guest

I am about to reformat and install XP again, I've had Pro on here. I am wondering If I should get Home instead? Which is better for gamming, and better overall, what are the major differences?

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Pro os better if you have multiple users under different tyoes of accounts, doubt there should be any difference on the gaming front tho.

3. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Home & Pro are EXACTLY the same except Home DOES NOT have so much of the network stuff protocols, obviously cos its not intended to be used at a corporate level.

User acoount privacy is slightly different too, but again, for a home PC.. who needs it!?:confused:

As for gaming.. Home & Pro should be identical.

I've got XP Home, and gaming is fine. :D

Stuy_b

4. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

Pro all the way!

You can get to alot more setting and little apps build in, some can really help your system where home would need a reg hack or something :D

5. winternights

winternights Guest

I think is the same..:p

Im using Pro now...doesnt meet any problem with the latest games..such as Sim Golf..Disciples 2 n MoH:AA

6. CGCCdream

CGCCdream Guest

I use Pro...

and it works great. I have not used home yet and have heard that home does not offer the option of "remote desktop" which I use all of the time from the office. Like I said I have not used home so I am not positive, anyone know for sure?