xp pro framerates

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DuffMan, May 20, 2002.

1. DuffMan

DuffMan Guest

Is anyone else noticing lower framerates after installing xp pro compared to xp home. My dungeon siege fps dropped 10-15 fps after the upgrade. Is this just a problem in this game or is this occuring with other games and is there a way to increase game performance with the pro version.

2. dijital

dijital Guest

depending on your video card, you probably need a refresh rate fix. xp limits the refresh rate to a default of 60Hz.

3. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Yes , depends of your system , my games performance increases in XP pro .. try also new drivers for your videocard .

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

I've neer noticed a framerate difference between Home and pro..so not sure.

5. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

DS frame rate

I'm having a 13 fps in DS while in the snow area and 15fps while in the cave.. Is this practical for i have a GeForce2 MX 400?

My Nvidia driver is 23.11 ...

6. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

DS frame rate

I'm having a 13 fps in DS while in the snow area and 15fps while in the cave.. Is this practical for i have a GeForce2 MX 400?

My Nvidia driver is 23.11 ... Is there any fix or whatever things that could boost up my fps. My refresh rate is currently 72Hz.

7. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Dungeon Siege is a major video card hog..that is about as high as your going to get with a geforce2mx...it's probably time you consider saving up for an upgrade as the newer games coming out will only get harsher on system reqs.

8. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

Thanks for the advice Qumahlin.. I'm getting myself a new card probably the next 6 months. Any recommendation of a card? GeForce 4 is way too much currently in the market. How about a 128 MB GeForce 3 Ti 200? I mean the performance if compare with GeForce 4 MX 460 and ATI radeon 8500.:cool:

9. Zer0_[X]

Zer0_[X] Guest

gforce 3ti 200

a geforce 3 ti200 will do u fine, its prolly the most value for money gfx card on the market at the moment

10. Syrus

Syrus OSNN Addict

Not really, u can get a ATI 8500LE 128mb for 155inc vat and thats much better than a gf3

11. Zer0_[X]

Zer0_[X] Guest

well depends...

depends on where u are, like im in Australia and the gforce 3 ti200 is quite cheap

12. Syrus

Syrus OSNN Addict

Oh ok

13. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

Well, how nice to have cheap cards in ur country... Like mine, in Malaysia it cost about 800++ bucks.. so most of us here settle down for a GeForce 2 MX or Ti .