XP pro and win 2000 dual boot?

J

jphenrick

Hi

I have an NTFS drive(120GB) formatted as one partition with xp pro

Is there a way to partition the drive and install win 2000?

the set up is diabled if u try now as win 2000 is older operating system

Thanks

John

the way to do it is to install another operating system and THEN install winxp... always easiest coz winxp is not happy about allowing you to install other o/s's

I used to have win2k and winxp dual boot... install win2k and create partitions if you want... then when you install winxp you will be asked if you want to overwrite or create new partition... create new one or install in a previously created partition...

and there you are :)

Thanks Sazar

Is there a way without re-installing Xp as my machine was pre-loaded when purchased and i have installed loads of software already

Thanks

John

Yes machine is one 120GB partition machine was pre-installed by Mesh Computers

i have dual harddrives. I made them RAID 80 gigs....i dont see anyone saying wow to that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back