XP modem woes...

S

Snail

Anyone help me? I recently updated my HP Pavilion 6409 from Windows Me to XP, and my modem now refuses to work. Xp detects my lucent win modem and installs the drivers correctly but everytime I attempt to use it it give the error "no dial tone". It worked fine under ME. I've tried the basics, the cords are connected properly and I've tried other drivers but to no avail...anyone gone any suggestions?

First see if your modem is listed in the microsoft compatability list for xp. If so go to hp for an xp driver.

Thanx but...

Thanx, I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time here if I can get my machine running.

I checked the HCL and under level it has WLP 2.0, I'm not sure what that means.

Thanx for the link but I already tried the drivers provided but they didn't work.:(

Any other ideas?

I've been reading a bit about that driver upgrade. Doesn't sound too promising. Did you try the 'additional Information' from this page? Doesn't look good though. :(

Yeah I read it, It doesn't sound to good. Oh well looks like it's back to Win ME for me. Until that is, I can get a new modem, hopefully that will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back