XP modem woes...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Snail, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Snail

Snail Guest

Anyone help me? I recently updated my HP Pavilion 6409 from Windows Me to XP, and my modem now refuses to work. Xp detects my lucent win modem and installs the drivers correctly but everytime I attempt to use it it give the error "no dial tone". It worked fine under ME. I've tried the basics, the cords are connected properly and I've tried other drivers but to no avail...anyone gone any suggestions?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

First see if your modem is listed in the microsoft compatability list for xp. If so go to hp for an xp driver.

3. Hipster Doofus

Here ya go. Have a look here. :)

dear me...where are my manners....welcome to the forums :D

4. Snail

Snail Guest

Thanx but...

Thanx, I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time here if I can get my machine running.

I checked the HCL and under level it has WLP 2.0, I'm not sure what that means.

Thanx for the link but I already tried the drivers provided but they didn't work.:(

Any other ideas?

5. Hipster Doofus

I've been reading a bit about that driver upgrade. Doesn't sound too promising. Did you try the 'additional Information' from this page? Doesn't look good though. :(

6. Snail

Snail Guest

Yeah I read it, It doesn't sound to good. Oh well looks like it's back to Win ME for me. Until that is, I can get a new modem, hopefully that will work.

7. Hipster Doofus

This is it for me. Try over here & see how you go. You never know.

8. Snail

Snail Guest

Thanx for trying:)