XP Memory Tester

M

mikemacd

Can anyone recommend a memory tester for Windows XP? I've been getting alot of blue screen "STOP" messages referring to win32k.sys, usbport.sys w/ DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL etc. Could it be a bad memory module or IRQ settings maybe, let me know.

The best way to track down the bsod is with the stop code. What's the first set of numbers right after the word Stop:? The numbers in brackets () aren't that important.

Did you copy it down correctly? Stop codes are typically prefixed with a '0x??????.' I've tried prefixing the one you gave myself and haven't come up with anything.

Ok sorry 0x0000008e is the right one. I'm checking the Microsoft link you gave me now. Thx for the help.

Should the "Setup cannot copy the file Setupdd.sys" be on my system.

No, that's just saying that it's possible to get that message with that stop code during setup.

Ok, Here's two more I found that were reported in Event Viewer. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 & 0x1000008e

I'd suggest getting the memory issue fixed before you troubleshoot too much further... I think the other problems may be attributed to it... not certain, but it's a good bet.

Thx for all the tips, I'm looking into it now. I will try the memory test you recommended.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back