XP logon screen is gone...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Blizzbaby, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Blizzbaby

Blizzbaby Guest

Hi all,

Great new board here!!

I recently installed PC Anywhere 10.5 and now my Welcome screen has been disabled by it. Does anyone know a work-around to fix this??

2. kingnothing

kingnothing Guest

I've heard of this with PC Anywhere before. Apparently it now controls your windows login, so besides anything that Norton (or is it Symantec) has on their support section, I haven't heard of a fix.
  3. Blizzbaby

Blizzbaby Guest

Thanks for replying...I guess I will uninstall it.

4. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

When you installed Norton - you would have seen a warning about:
    "pcAnywhere 10.0 installs an older version of MSGINA which controls the logon screen"

This is the problem you are experiencing - it's not that Norton is controling the logon - but that it uses an older version of MSGINa as is not compatible with the one for XP - same thing if you try to install support for Novell.
  5. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Birmingham, UK

MSGINA - Information about that completly true nice 1 "beatlesdb" :)

I saw a fix for it somewhere but don't know where!!! :(

6. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

Why PC Anywhere? XP's Terminal Services work great for remoting your pc. You could also use VNC from AT&T, though that's a little slower, but is more availble across platforms.
  7. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

If you go back to the main page and click on Archives, then on Tips and Tricks you will find a post titles: XP: ReEnable welcome Screen. This will tell you how to get your welcome screen back.
  8. zwinflame

zwinflame Guest

I posted that tip to renable the welcome screen. Its a very easy registry tweak. Infact you have to delete a key and you'll get your XP logon screen back!

Check in the main page. Its still up there or else search for archives for yesterday!

'Reenable XP logon screen'