XP Language question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by scott4271, Oct 31, 2002.

1. scott4271

scott4271 Guest

Just purchased a new machine in Germany. XP was preloaded and the user interface language is German. Can I change it to English without a reinstall? And can I change it to English for my profile alone? I am taking German language classes, but it's gonna be awhile before I read well enough to operate XP proficiently in Deutsch.

2. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Hi scott4271

welcome to Xp-erience

you can find these options in your control panel

regional and language options

:cool:

3. yoyo

yoyo _________________

:) First welcome @ xp-erience. No you can not switch the language of an Windows installation. Not even with an reinstall. You'll need a totally new, I assume English, copy of XP or schneller Deutsch lernen.

4. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

nice 1 yoyo :D

I didn't know that :eek:

not something I've ever had to do

:eek:

5. scott4271

scott4271 Guest

Hi folks..... thanks for the input. I thought that might be the case, YoYo, but was hoping beyond hope, ya know? As to Deutsch, Ich lerne as schneller as I can..... but ich habe a ways to go.
    Thanks again...

6. scott4271

scott4271 Guest

Hi folks..... thanks for the input. I thought that might be the case, YoYo, but was hoping beyond hope, ya know? As to Deutsch, Ich lerne as schneller as I can..... but ich habe a ways to go.
    Thanks again...

7. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Scott, if you decide to stick with the German version for a while and don't understand some terms, send me a pm or email, I'll try to translate them for you.