XP home computer not showing up

R

rperre

Hi,

I have 4 computers and a PS2 hooked up to a time warner cable connection and all computers and PS2 work like a charme connecting to the internet.

The problem I'm having is that the one computer that has XP home on it (the rest is running XP pro) is not showing up on the my network places, all the others are!!!! The thing is, if you search for this xp home computer it WILL show up in the search and you CAN share files with it!!!!

I probably have to tell the xp home computer to publish it's name on the network, but were do I do this????

I want it to be visible on the my network places all the time in stead of searching for this computer the whole time, anybody got an answer or solution!!!!

Thanks,

Richard

I wouldn't trust the Network Neighboorhood folder, but there is one thing you could do, make sure that atleast one computer has the Computer Browser service set to automatic, this should make it the master browser and keep the network computer list updated.

If you can access the PC by UNC path, then I wouldn't worry about it. \\Computername in Run.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back