XP+Games=Bad

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Czar45, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Czar45

Czar45 Guest

I am having problems with running games on Win XP. I just built a new computer. The specs are:

Athlon XP 1800+
    Geforce4 Ti4200
    40 Gig HD 7200rpm
    SoundBlaster Audigy gamer sound card
    Motherboard with a K133 chipset

I installed Win XP pro without a hitch. Then i installed some games. All of the games freeze after about 4-10 minutes of gameplay. I dont know whats wrong. It does not freeze ever in normal windows mode, only in games. When it freezes i have to restart and try again. I installed all the latest drivers for all my components and win Xp. The problem is aggravating me. If i do not solve this soon i will downgrade back to Win 2000 pro.
    Any advice?

2. Czar45

Czar45 Guest

I did install those drivers, i forgot to mention that i have 512mb of DDR memory

3. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

What drivers are you using for GF?

No OC correct?

4. lillemand1

lillemand1 Guest

u should try updating ur windows to on windows update and it would be nice to know which games u installed to?

5. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Do the latest updates... get the latest drivers... should solve yer problem.. normally does...

just out of curiosity what games ?

MdSalih

6. Czar45

Czar45 Guest

I fixed all my problems, i installed win2k pro! :) thanks for your help.

7. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

heh :D

MdSalih

8. robin.munro

robin.munro Guest

There were loads......

if people with that problem when this forum began....

All they did was set compatibility on the game exe to win98. An the freezing stopped...:rolleyes:

9. Winter

Winter OSNN Addict

I wonder if anyone can help... I'm trying to install my old copy of Tribes and after I push "Install" on the autoplay screen, nothing happens... is it just not compatible with XP?

10. Shawn319

Shawn319 Guest

Does your CPU fan work? whats the temp of the CPU while playing games. its probably overheating.