xp freezes help plz!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by beanie1000, Jun 2, 2002.

1. beanie1000

beanie1000 Guest

i am running xp home edition
    jetway raid board asus router (adsl)
    athlon 1.4ghz 512ddram
    fm801 sound card
    120gig hard drive
    a usb mouse
    problem is it will randomly freeze the mouse for a sec then u will hear the connect and disconnect sound then be fine again,does this in games apps anything u do,even just sat there on its own,plz help its driving me mental
  2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Just freezes the mouse? Then goes back to normal?

BMWCHUBB Guest

Could you tell me the out come of this?
    I have the same annoying problem.
  4. Kush

Kush High On Life!

Montreal, Quebec
    well if its the mouse then try installing the drivers that came with it on cd and if there isnt try rolling back the drivers. also make sure that it is firmly plugged in the usb slot cuz u could be moving it on accident if u shake the table or somthing
  5. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

London, UK
    How many programs do you have running in the background?

BMWCHUBB Guest

Well after a full format the problem still persists..
    I have tried all things that may cause this problem and hit a blank spot :huh:
    Any one know what might be causing this delay???Has i type this reply theres no visable text till 2 to 3 seconds after i have finnished .Has i move the mouse round the screen it just freezes for 2 or 3 seconds and then its ok till i try to open some thing and the freeze comes back..??:mad:
  7. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

L'Ile Perrot Quebec
    I use an usb mouse but with the adapter and plug it into the ps/2 plug and it works great ... have you tried that ? Do both of you have the same mouse?

I use a microsoft optical scroll mouse usb ( but plugged into the ps/2 )

BMWCHUBB Guest

I have tried a ps2 mouse and still get the same problem.
    The usb logitec rf optical mouse i use has been working fine till this problem started.
  9. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

Norfolk, UK
    It possibly could be caused by the USB hub going into and out of power save. Hence the disconnect and connect sounds.

Sorry but I don't know how to stop this.

BMWCHUBB Guest

Even if i use the usb hub or the on board usb ports !!!
    still the same .

BMWCHUBB Guest

:D Yes i see it was very confusing ...Problem fixed brbrbrb:mad:
    usb cable modem wanted to sit next to the usb mouse on the hub i have!!!if i put it in any other usb port on the pc its a problem!!!
    I also have the asus ipannel and it works only side by side !!cable modem --usb mouse..