XP freezes after startup

T

tyk82002

:confused: :mad:
I have XP Pro and after I start up my desk top freezes.I can ctl+alt+del and get task manager, then close task manager and every thing is fine but it is a pain to do that every time! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure it's not just taking a while to finish loading all the services? If Workstation is enabled that can take a couple of moments to load and everything else waits for it. Are you on a network?

Otherwise, disable all the services you can, check to make sure there are no programs starting you aren't aware of, and see if that helps.

when you hit ctr+alt+del, what is it that you are ending?

There are no services or any thing still running. And I don't end any thing except closing the task manager.:(

then it does sound like you are hitting that prior to everything loading up. If you have a lot loading up at startup, try removing some of it. Go to msconfig and under startup, stop the things that arent really needed upon startup.

Start up problems

I had a problem with start up after the welcome screen a few times and it seems Style XP was causing all my hang ups. Since removing the software no more hang ups. Just an idea as Style XP seems to work for a lot of other people.

When I start and stop the task manager is well after all else has stoped. I have not used Style XP or any other progs that change the boot or logon pages.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Same problem

Hi there,

I can't help, but i have got the same problem. When i startup it takes years to get the main screen. When i hit ctrl+alt+del it popes to the main screen, but i only did this because i waited for 4 minutes and that is much too long. Very strange because a little while ago it was perfect, i don't know what i changes......

PLEASE HELP ME 2.:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back