XP forgets my ISP password

V

Vikash

Hi

I don't know what's happened, but everytime I try to connect to the net I have to remember to type in my password since it keeps 'forgetting' it. Sometimes it will remember it when it tries to automatically reconnect, but not always, and never the first time the system starts up. I do have the "remember password" box checked so I don't know why. Is this a bug I should be aware of?

one thing i do remember tho its what when u set IE to connect automaticaly when u start it up it desplayed the dial up box form win98 and when u connect manualy you get that new one from xp. if thats the case set ie to connect automaticaly and click save password that will solve the problem, with any verson of XP .

Not sure what u mean.

I get the box with the password field saying something like

"[Click here to change the saved password.]"

and the drop-down phone number list.

I check the Save Password box and I've tried both the Me Only and All Users of this Computer options but it still won't work.

Any other ideas to try? :confused:

well when u chose to connect to the net manualy you get a different dial up networking window than u do when u tell internet explora to connect automaticaly, tick the check box on the password box that appares when internet explora connects automaticaly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back