xp-erience -> ntfs

Website is much faster to me now and I like this...
but honestly the new UI kinda sucks... not only from a personal taste perspective: the only thing I see are the post boxes, which continually distracts me from the content. Besides, having such a little white headline over a gradient grey backgroung looks like the most obvious and beginners error regarding site readability and usability.

Personally, as others said before me, the dark/grey layout looks horribly sad, like the new logo and enhanced smileys (although I never use them).

me really likes the new site layout. It looks very cool. :D Since we will be ntyfs from now on i have to change my sig once again :( But i really like the new site, haven't noticed anything bout the soeed, but thats cause im at school, the have a sh*t connection. Im sure athome it will be a lot faster. Keep up the good work mods!! :D

More themes are coming don't worry, we intend to cater for what everyone likes.

Threads Merged :p

Hehe, cool I sound like a mod

Yeah love the theme, Platinum theme I like as well

Just a quick thing, I think the Recent Forum Posts thing on the front page isnt workin or the same 5 threads are workin overtime.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
More themes are coming don't worry, we intend to cater for what everyone likes.

we gona have a pr0n theme?:D :D :D

Good to see Tinker and egghead from Techzonez. Thanks for the feedback guys. :cool:

Everyone, just give a little time and there will be user selectable themes as was mentioned several times. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Re: Re: What the HECK is going on with this website?!?

Originally posted by Khayman
Actually i don't find it funny at all, but quite insulting.
All the "recent" (don't know if many months is recent) changes have been made almost exclusively because of technical reasons. We try to bring the fastest and best site possible and all people do is ***** about it.
As for the news, allot of other sites have the same news because....errn...let me see....WE DIDN'T MAKE IT UP, therefor its news that actually exists and other people can find it. Strangely we don't have exclusive access to CNN or CNET or any other news sites so its not surprising they have some same stuff, also some people from those sites submit news to us themselves!
Personally i do not visit those other sites, so i couldn't tell you what they have on them. We do also have a number of exclusives and frequently post news stories first, then they will often appear on other sites within minutes of us posting them. so who's copying who?

*Clap clap clap* Well said Khayman

I bust my hump posting news and this is the thanks I get :rolleyes: Someone said perhaps other sites are copying us... I've noticed on more then one ocassion we posted the story a day or 2 before these "other" sites posted.
We are the best XP site!!! :)

Actually the news part over here is considered to be very good , I know that people that don't like the site/forums still come here for the news.

I personally really like the new design and don't really mind the address change, but even if i didn't i'd have the human decency to ask politely for a change instead of demanding stuff like someone here owns you something.

WOW

Wicked layout. The best one yet.:D

This is the best Win XP site ever, and has been since the first time I visited it last year when it opened in November, if I remember clearly.

One problem though, but I bet you guys and galls know it already, is that the News Archive has the white background, and the text has a white rollover effect, so you can see the text when you put the mouse over it.

Besides that, everythings fine.

Thanks for the new design, looks great.

By the way, will xp-erience.org continue to redirect to ntfs.org, will I have to change my bookmarks.:D

They are aware of the news comments thingier.

change your bookmarks

I like the new layout myself, but then again I am biased

cool.gif

Re: WOW

Originally posted by AfTheRock

One problem though, but I bet you guys and galls know it already, is that the News Archive has the white background, and the text has a white rollover effect, so you can see the text when you put the mouse over it.
Yeah, I ran into that yesterday. Should be fixed soon. ;)

Might as well add my two-pennith worth!

Site name - DULL! XP-erience said something about the site that I think told people that it was more than just a tech forum - it is much more than a tech forum. To me NTFS.org says nothing. :(

The colors are also pretty dour but that I guess is the point of skins, which I'm sure you are gonna add l8r.

Speed is great though :p

But what's up with the smilies? They seem to have some fuzz round the edges like the transparency hasn't worked or summut. :huh:

I'm not wanting to be negative as I know you guys work hard for FA but that's just the way I see it. :(

Mubbers

I couldnt agree more than the rest of them.. This site certianly has had a perfect make-over and i am pleased also about the speed improvement :D .. I was just about to make a forum about the site looking so good but i gues someone has already beaten me to it :p .. I certainly didnt expect this much improvement.. not that it needed alot of improving anyways... Kool Site Dudes!!!

:D

Sincerly Alex :)

Okay, just to clarify once more:

*1. Will the Quick Reply function be coming back?

Yes it will be. We have reverted to default settings because we want to make sure everything will run smooth this time around. We cannot afford to screw up this time.

2. I do not really like the new skin!

Do not worry, we have more skins coming..just be patient for a bit.

3. But XPerience sounds alot better!

Well we changed names because we want to expand the site. We want to become more than just an XP related site. Or atleast that's what I've heard. :huh:

4. What will happen to XPerience?

To tell you the truth, I don't know. I do not even think the admins know. I guess the onl person thats know is waddy, its all up to him.

So the moral of this is? Be patient, there's lots of awesome things to come! :cool:

Thank you,

o_87

Originally posted by o_87
3. But XPerience sounds alot better!

Well we changed names because we want to expand the site. We want to become more than just an XP related site. Or atleast that's what I've heard. :huh:
[/B]

Hrm, when future Microsoft o/s's are released they will use WinFS tho (obviously not the ONLY fs..ntfs will still be around, just as FAT32 is today) so calling it NTFS doesnt exactly break away from being an XP site, also previous o/s such as 95-98-M.e. dont use NTFS, its still quite a limiting name
and I do think that the name xp-erience sounds better personaly.
but as ive said before, i dont really care what the name or url is... as long as i can get to the same community of people and enjoy the same site. :)

why so dark????

why is this site so dark,i can berly read anything,i like the old format better it was bright and cherry.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back