XP Emergency Boot CD

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Welsh, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Welsh

Welsh Guest

Hello Guys,
    I've had a quick look around and can't seem to see it anywhere so could someone please post a step by step guide on how to create a bootup CD (not disk) for XP. Which includes things like what files need to be copied and how etc.
    This would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. gballard

gballard Moderator

3. frogg_mann

frogg_mann Guest

I don't believe that you will find one. xp doesn't boot with a diskette unless you are using the fat32 filing system. I could be wrong but I don't think so. If your using fat32 it might. I'm not sure on that one. frogg_mann

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Welcome to the forums frogg_mann. :)

I've never created the six boot floppies for xp but I would assume they act in the same way as the xp cd. Fat32 or NTFS either should be able to boot.

btw If you have a cd rom that boots then there is no need for the floppies. Just insert the xp cd & boot up........once the bios is set......which it already should be.

5. frogg_mann

frogg_mann Guest

I had forgotten about the 6 diskette boot. I guess that it just slipped my mind. I've always used the disk myself. opps sorry about that welsh. Thanks for the welcome hipster I like your site its nice to see a good informative site on the net. see ya round ,
    frogg