XP Corp + win update problem

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
I have still a windows update problem although.
i receive this message :

" The Windows Update site has been updated. To update your version of the software and begin using Windows Update, click Update Now. "

And a Update Now button when i push the button i come back to the same page and so on.

If you're using the Corp. version with a said well known key out there beging with FCK..... This is most likely the problem since Windows update is now checking the PID's on Windows XP.

I also had this problem, but after rebooting it had gone...

Mmmm, maybe do a good registry cleanup with a program like "jv16 Powertools" Other then that it beats the hell out of me :(

Try flushing out your cache in IE6..It fixed my problem.

Originally posted by luish
anybody else ? ? ?

Have you ever used that FCK.. in your so called OS. For instance you might have changed your Cd-key with the latest famous methods hangin around in the internet??

Try reseting your IE6 configurations back to default. Maybe a program u recently installed disconfigured it and crippled it so it wont be able to use Windows Update. Thats just my guess tho

iv'e got the famous FCK key, mines (original through work though)
i have had no problems updating but i am looking forward to SP1 when microsoft stop me from installing it :)

--Nick--

I think it was Cryptographic service that needed to be enabled for the update to work. Also Application Management to install SP1 and the patches, I found both of these out the hard way after a week =(

I work for BAE Systems Powerchordpunk.

Can't see them being happy if the software won't upgrade.

--Nick--

i suggest you try using the corp download that comes with the corp edition

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back