XP CD with Custom System Icons....

prinsipe

Not Too eXPerienced
Im trying to make a XPSP2 CD with Custom System Icons, Please help me find these files in the XP Installation CD:

shell32.dll
mydocs.dll
shdoclc.dll
mycomput.dll
mydocs.dll
explorer.exe

Thanks for any extended help....................

All the files are in the I386 folder except the file name is slightly different eg mydocs.dll = MYDOCS.DL_ I dont know if you can simply swap them though I have never tried

best thing is find them on your system then use some icon program to extract them into the .ico format and stick them in an "icons" folder in the CD root

Modify the files using ResourceHacker or whatever resource editor you prefer.
Save them all into one folder.

Open a command window to that folder and type:
for %a in (*) do makecab %a
press Enter.

You'll now find in that folder compressed files suitable to replace the ones in the i386 folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back