XP cant read cd roms?!?!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by KaDbUrY, Nov 23, 2002.

1. KaDbUrY

KaDbUrY Guest

Hey guys, this is my first post, but i have read a lot of threads here. Hope you can help me.
    I installed XP about 4 months ago, everything was running fine, untill about 1 month into it. All of a sudden, i rebooted, and i got no cd roms. I fixed, but for the life of me, cant remember how i did it. Now, i formatted, and reinstalled XP forgetting all about this problem, 2 days ago. What do ya know, i reboot yesterday, and no cd roms. I have all the updates for XP from microsofts site. When i look in my computer (or explorer) i got nothing, but if i got to my device manager, it shows them installed, then i goto the properties of each of them, and it says " Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
    Any help is good help!
    Thx a lot guys!

2. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Try this, in the device manager unistall the drivers for the CD-ROMS then reboot. when you reboot windows should reinstall the drivers, and if your lucky they will work again.

3. KaDbUrY

KaDbUrY Guest

BAH!
    I just tried that, and nothing. As soon as i read your reply, i was like "YEAH, that should do it" but nope. Im ready to try fire, fire works!!!
    but first, any other ideas!?!? Anyone?!

4. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

go to Add hardware in CP.
    or get something called ASPI drivers

5. KaDbUrY

KaDbUrY Guest

Okay...first of all...
    KaDbUrY = Some what of an Idiot!
    I dont even know what ASPII drivers do, or what they are!
    im not an idiot with everything! but cut me a little slack!
    i just need a little more info plz

6. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

7. KaDbUrY

KaDbUrY Guest

Okay! Thank you very much Ocatapus! You rock! that fixed it!

8. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

what is your CD rom maker/manufacturer?