XP Booting issue

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Jz1397-5, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

i turned on my system today and something odd happened. the boot process was never ending. the windows logo came up and then the bar just went across the bottom or the screen, stuck while booting. When i turn the system on in safe mode, the system stalls while loading MUP.SYS. help me? pretty please? :D

wonderworm2000 likes this.
  2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Quick google search would have got you this as the first hit ;)

3. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

tried booting with last known good config, and removing cards. no good. however in safe mode before it stalls and loads mup.sys the system asks me if i want to load d346bus.sys and regardless of if i choose to load it or not the system still stalls. i have tried the following under the recovery console with the little success:
    fixboot
    fixmbr
    chkdsk /r

4. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

scratch that, the last known good config worked, however things are really really slow. any idea what d346bus.sys is?

5. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

the computer is unbaribly slow, so im just going to do a repair install of XP, hopefully that will fix the errors

6. unknownsoul

unknownsoul Moderator

Sorry. I can't help ya. I did the google search for ya, but to no luck. Have you tried microsoft's site? they usually do have something in there for all sort of their odd files.

7. ranaray

ranaray OSNN One Post Wonder

I had this as well - it's a Daemon Tools problem

Seems that d346bus.sys is a driver installed by the "Daemon Tools" virtual CD/DVD software. I had exactly the same problem as you described and found the solution to be :

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Re-boot (it booted fine now)
    3. Re-install Daemon Tools

hope it helps
    -rana-

8. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Did you install any accelerators? I had this once when installing the intel chip accelerator.