XP antivirus and firewall

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Does any one know how to remove XP's own firewall and anti virus so i can install my own software

Don't think you can uninstall XP firewall.

Disable is all that is necessary to install another firewall.. some people run both.

To Disable.... Control panel / Network connections / Local area conn. / Properties / Advanced / Remove the check at Protect My Computer by preventing access to the internet.

My Dell came with Norton, to uninstall I would go to Control panel / Add or remove Programs / Select Norton.

I have disabled my firewall and my own one is working fine. Do you know how to disable/remove the antivirus, i have installed my INOCULATE PE but it will not enable live monitoring because XP won't let it ,Can anybody help?:)

There is no built-in anti-virus with XP so there is nothing to disable. If you could be more specific about exactly what you mean when you say XP wont let it do something then maybe someone would be able to help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back