XP and sound blaster 5.1 how do you get all 5.1 speakers working

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gotcha007, Oct 29, 2002.

1. gotcha007

gotcha007 Guest

I have come to my wits end, nobody can figuar this out. On tpo of that when I go to down load the new drivers for Soundblaster Live 5.1 Dolby the program says there is an error then shuts off.

My Logitech Wingman Intercepter is pluged in the back of the card but xp can not find it in the game controlers it says it has the soundblaster drivers loaded in the devise manager but in the game controler nothing shows up.

I have tried running it through the bios the game port but wont there as well.

Please somebody help.
  2. Zodiaq

Zodiaq Guest

Which speakers are you using?

I unknowingly bought the Creative Inspire 5300 with the SoundBlaster Live but they are designed to create a 5.1 Sonic Field. Not true 5.1. The Inspire 5700 is the real deal.

I dunno....kinda irked me when I discover my center speaker was worthless.
  3. gotcha007

gotcha007 Guest

They are Altec Lansing

They sound good but only the right and left show up in the test. The rear speakers and the center do not.
  4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    configure it properly..

go to control panel > sounds and at the bottom click on advanced and choose 5.1 as well... :)

should work properly... then if you have everything else worked out...
  5. gotcha007

gotcha007 Guest

I have done that but when I am in the test the left speaker sounds the right sounds. The center and the two back speakers do not. I went and look as you have said