XP and my GF2

T

Toybear

I dunno what it is with XP and my GF2 but before I installed XP it worked beautifully now it runs really really crappy. I tried the new drivers and it does nothing. How do i fix it?
Running a GF2 32mb MX/MX 400

I don't have the money to buy a new card and I really don't wanna uninstall XP =P

Is it right off the bat that it is bad or after a while of gaming or something? If it is after a while, it could be a heat problem. If that is the case, a slot fan works really well.

Well...

It isn't bad off the bat. Some games it runs great. Like Counter-Strike, Jedi Outcast (sometimes), ect. It is just on emulators, any dos games, Day of Defeat sometimes is ultra slows down.. ect. I just need to make the card work well and last for a while till I get enough money to get a new card (about a month).

I had similar problem

I found that under XP my Geforce2 was running at AGP 2x, even though 4x was specified in the bios, i updated the drivers etc, the only way i could solve this was to use the Geforce tweak utility

GF Tweak Utility?

Is that the NVidia Refresh Rate thingie? If so that didn't help me at all... I dunno why it just didn't. Or not enough to where I could notice any difference.

careful

http://www.voodoofiles.com/2619

here is a link to a tweak utility called Riva Tuner for Nvidia's graphics cards 98-Xp.

If you do use this tool, take things slow and steady, you don't want to overheat / overload your card.

*pheww* .... for a second there i thought you were talking about your second girlfriend...

With this program you can control the AGP rate and other tweaks, in windows 98 the geforce 2 was running at 4x AGP, and XP was running at 2X?? dont know why, but this program did the trick, maybe it will work for u 2...

Nvidia Geforce Tweak Utility

My GF2MX PCI runs @ 100fps in HL/CS max resoloution.

Full map arena example here we see it @ /fps_max 72

Now what?

Okay, I have downloaded that RivaTuner. Now what? (I am not used to using tweak applications. So excuse my slowness on this part. Otherwise I am quick as a whip)

I dunno how to use it in other words to do what your suggesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back