XP and Linux...

Rod

OSNN Junior Addict
I have 14 GB of MP3's on my (NTFS) Windows side of my partition and I want to listen to them when I'm in Linux... Is it possible or do I have to have a second copy of all my music?

you're correct linux can not read ntfs partitions...use pmagic 7 and convert to fat32...then you will be able to listen to it I wouldn't copy 14 gigs just so you can listen...just convert.

linux CAN so read ntfs, leaast the newer kernels can.
i use mandrake 8.1 and can mount them to read fine, no write yet though :(

yes linux can* read ntfs partitions just fine, if you dont have the samba packages installed on your linux machine do so. read the man pages for info.

I'm a linux virgin barely got my feet wet took 3 classes in school now that you mention it we had SAMBA installed on the w/s with some linux and nt boxes connected to NT, linux and novell servers and had to make them all talk to each other...glad they didn't put Mac in the mix would have been really hurtin then

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back