XP and Fonts?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey everybody,

I was just reminded of an event that happened a couple months ago. A guy at work made me this CD with many many fonts on it, and basically just install the fonts. Everytime I would install the fonts, I would have to format my entire computer, with no ideas as to why. Would anybody else know why?

2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Probably your cd overrides the whole windows font folder or at least damages needed system fonts. It isn't a very good idea anyway to install too many fonts. Better store the other fonts in a seperate folder somewhere and install them as needed. You can even install them temporarily. Just click any font and minimize the window that comes up. The font will now be available in any application you open until you close the minimized font window again.

3. vishalpai

vishalpai Guest

Yah....don't install too many fonts. Less is better and will increase the performance of your systems because Windows and its associated programs will have to load up the fonts everytime they start!

BTW, I agree, the problem probably is that your essential system fonts probably got corrupted in the process.