XP and Fonts?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey everybody,

I was just reminded of an event that happened a couple months ago. A guy at work made me this CD with many many fonts on it, and basically just install the fonts. Everytime I would install the fonts, I would have to format my entire computer, with no ideas as to why. Would anybody else know why?

Probably your cd overrides the whole windows font folder or at least damages needed system fonts. It isn't a very good idea anyway to install too many fonts. Better store the other fonts in a seperate folder somewhere and install them as needed. You can even install them temporarily. Just click any font and minimize the window that comes up. The font will now be available in any application you open until you close the minimized font window again.

Yah....don't install too many fonts. Less is better and will increase the performance of your systems because Windows and its associated programs will have to load up the fonts everytime they start!

BTW, I agree, the problem probably is that your essential system fonts probably got corrupted in the process.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back