XP and CS

• Thread starter Cannonfodder
  • Start date
C

Cannonfodder

I am getting a lockup after playing CS for a few minutes. I have DLed the newest drivers and it still did it. Anyone else have a problem with this.

P.S. BTW.....I have a GeForce 2 MX 100/200 video card.

have u applied the latest offical patch? and have u downloaded the drivers directly form nvidia or form windows update? because the windows update ones usually cause problems... also, I think you should consider buying a new card... geforce 2 is almost out of steam now...

Oh yeah, welcome to the Xp-erience! :D

Do you have the retail version or the mod? Depending on the version you have, are you sure you have the proper patch? I should also mention that a lot of people seem to have better luck with the "full" rather than the "incremental" patches as well.
After the last patch, I was having similiar problems and then added the -nocdaudio var to the target line. All went fine then :)

and like o_87 said, drivers drivers drivers... :)

I actually have the updated version (I am in a clan and have weekly matches). And I do have full versions and not just patches, since I have had the same problems in the past. But I did just go and cleared out all my drivers and put totally new drivers on...and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the info!

P.S. I usually do some reading here since I am a relative newbie when it comes to computer OS's (especially XP).

Oh and I usually DL from the nvidia site (and I know...GeForce2 MX....LOL....:(

just a shot in the dark..what kind of motherboard you got?
if its a VIA, what error do you get?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back