XP and CS

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Cannonfodder, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Cannonfodder

Cannonfodder Guest

I am getting a lockup after playing CS for a few minutes. I have DLed the newest drivers and it still did it. Anyone else have a problem with this.

P.S. BTW.....I have a GeForce 2 MX 100/200 video card.

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

have u applied the latest offical patch? and have u downloaded the drivers directly form nvidia or form windows update? because the windows update ones usually cause problems... also, I think you should consider buying a new card... geforce 2 is almost out of steam now...

Oh yeah, welcome to the Xp-erience! :D

3. Bluecat

Bluecat Guest

Do you have the retail version or the mod? Depending on the version you have, are you sure you have the proper patch? I should also mention that a lot of people seem to have better luck with the "full" rather than the "incremental" patches as well.
    After the last patch, I was having similiar problems and then added the -nocdaudio var to the target line. All went fine then :)

and like o_87 said, drivers drivers drivers... :)

4. Cannonfodder

Cannonfodder Guest

I actually have the updated version (I am in a clan and have weekly matches). And I do have full versions and not just patches, since I have had the same problems in the past. But I did just go and cleared out all my drivers and put totally new drivers on...and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the info!

P.S. I usually do some reading here since I am a relative newbie when it comes to computer OS's (especially XP).

Oh and I usually DL from the nvidia site (and I know...GeForce2 MX....LOL....:(

5. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

just a shot in the dark..what kind of motherboard you got?
    if its a VIA, what error do you get?

6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Bootsy, I think his problem is solved.. :p