XP 2500+ Overclocking Claims..?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Taurus, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

any of you with tweaked 2500+'s... let's get together a small little database of everyone's results. i'm on the verge of buying one and want to know what to expect.

please list..
    1) core speed
    2) fsb
    3) voltage

:)

2. Winter

Winter OSNN Addict

1) 2200mhz
    2) 400mhz fsb
    3) 1.65v (stock)

3. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

The 2500+ bartons however do not overclock as good as either the t-bred 1700+ Jiuhb or the t-bred aiuhb.. If your looking for a good overclocker its a better deal to buy the 1700+ as people have clocked it higher than the edge of the 2500+
    s overclock range... an even better deal would be to buy the aiuhb 2400+ as it has steller overclocking abilities. Make sure the 1700+ you are buying does in fact have the code Jiuhb.. this is VERY important.

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i undestand that. but tracking down a 1700+ or whatever with that exact stepping is a pain in the ass. and once i did, it wouldn't be much cheaper than a 2500+. the extra cache of the bartons is nice, too.

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

per the grapevine practically all 2500+ 's oc straight to 3000+ levels out of the box... though I would HIGHLY suggest taking precautions before doing this :)

either play with multipliers if you can else it should just as easily clock to 200mhz fsb from the 166mhz default :)

dunno bout voltage usage but I would assume the oc == voltage increase above default.. again check out an OC'ers website dbase to check levels reached and voltages used et al :)

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Re: Re: XP 2500+ Overclocking Claims..?

link me to said database, please. ;)

7. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team