xoom

My friend has one and it is a very nice device.

The OS still needs some fine-tuning, but overall it is a solid device.

I picked one up about a week or so ago, I'm really like it so far. As Sazar said, the Android 3.0 OS still needs some fine tuning. Also app developers need to update their apps to support the larger form factor (or stop crashes) but over overall I'm happy.

Last edited:
Have either of you rooted them? (not sure if custom ROMs are out for the Xoom yet ...)

I've not rooted mine yet, simply because there doesn't seem to be much reason to do so right now. I'm keeping an eye on the dev threads over at XDA though. As soon as the juicy bits start showing up for rooted Xoom's I'll likely jump right on it. I've not seen any actual custom Xoom FW yet, just custom kernels for OC, etc.

Yea I am stuck right now between the Atrix or the XOOM. Depending on when Telus gets both of them. Should end up being the XOOM though.

Can't wait. I am a Android fanboy now I think.

Just picked up mine today and its awesome.

Any sugestions on apps for it, I installed some games and the two app I know support it.

Still awesome!

Just go to the market and check out the tablet specific applications. There is a nice RSS reader app, games, etc.

Yea I don't have a section for Tablet.

In the web or XOOM version of the market. I think it's only for certain locations right now.

Launch the market app from your Xoom. If you scroll down on the homepage of the market there should be a "tablet" specific app section you can select.

I'd list off a few apps, but I can't recall their names right this second. If I remember when I get home from work I'll list a few of my personal favorites.

I know a couple of folks with one. One really is into it, the other other not so much but still a thumbs up.

So the 3.1 update for the XOOM has been released for all other areas. Still have not got mine updated, stupid Canada lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back