Xerox folder in xp. anybody else get this?

syllinx

OSNN Junior Addict
I have noticed that everytime i install xp there is a xerox folder on the hardrive that cannot be erased. Does everybody get this? Sorry for posting so many stupid questions.

Yeah, although I have no idea what the purpose of that folder is :confused:

This is a "feature" of Windows XP. Here's the way I heard it...
Microsoft made a deal with xerox at one point in time that they would be the company to create a PDF style document format. In exchange for this, MS would include a folder in the OS called xerox that could not be removed, and it would be the main program folder for these types of documents. I guess xerox backed out of the deal after XP went gold, and thats why it's still there.

I have no idea of the accuracy of this information, I just know that I've looked all over the net and haven't been able to find any way to remove it. If anyone else has any input I would be greatful as well :)

Thanks,

AltReailty

Originally posted by AltReality
This is a "feature" of Windows XP. Here's the way I heard it...
Microsoft made a deal with xerox at one point in time that they would be the company to create a PDF style document format. In exchange for this, MS would include a folder in the OS called xerox that could not be removed, and it would be the main program folder for these types of documents. I guess xerox backed out of the deal after XP went gold, and thats why it's still there.

I have no idea of the accuracy of this information, I just know that I've looked all over the net and haven't been able to find any way to remove it. If anyone else has any input I would be greatful as well :)

Thanks,

AltReailty

Nice! Interesting info :)

It is possible to remove this xerox folder, but the procedure may be dangerous. Definitely not worth the effort and possible risk in order to remove a zero byte folder.

The folder is or may be used by the Windows Image Aquisition service.

OK yoyo, how do you remove it? regardless of danger?

nothing I do ever has anything to do with that folder so I want it gone :)

Thanks,

AltReality

I think I'll turn mine into another Temp folder for some program that wants one. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back